Friday, December 14, 2007

Did Benzoyl Peroxide treated my acne?

A tube with Proactiv Benzoyl peroxide product
Click to check the price
Buy Proactiv - a Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Product
Get cleared with a benzoyl peroxide treatment that helped thousands to fight acne!
Ok, this is a quite difficult question. I found on a forum that benzoyl peroxide may be a solution in acne, so I tested it on myself last year. Since then I used more than 5 tubes of Brevoxyl 4%, which, not regularly.
It is important to apply it on a clean skin and to avoid the contact with eyes, clothes and hair (it has a bleaching effect)
Back to my acne… since I started to use twice a day Brevoxyl (Benzoyl peroxide 4%) I observed first just a huge irritation, my skin became even more red and the spots became bigger and I thought “this is the end to all my future friendships and relationships” (I was 19)
But, in a 2 – 3 weeks, my family started to say me that there is an improvement of my skin and that it started to look better. I couldn’t see these changes because I looked myself in the mirror more than 5 times a day and it is impossible to remember yourself as you was 3 weeks ago (after more than 100 looks in the bathroom mirror)
Brevoxyl at first itched and it was an unpleasant sensation, especially in the evening. And it produces and little specific smell in contact to your skin.
But, now, to answer my question in the post title – I think no, Benzoyl Peroxide didn’t treated my acne, BUT it improved my situation considerably.
And I regret I have no photos in that period (it is a little hard to put me under focus) but it was a visible difference with me between and after.

No comments: