Thursday, May 24, 2007

May be Demodex the cause of my acne?

A tube with Proactiv Benzoyl peroxide product
Click to check the price
Buy Proactiv - a Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Product
Get cleared with a benzoyl peroxide treatment that helped thousands to fight acne!
Who causes acne? At this question we may get on a simple google more than one millions of pages who write about this disease and the causes which may lead to it. I found some articles on net where there are scientist who believe that in more than 90 cases from 100 are caused by Demodex.

So what’s Demodex?

Demodex are parasites which live on the face and in the hair follicles of humans. They can badly damage the facial skin of humans, usually starting at middle age when the immune system is weakened and their population has increased. In the photos below you can easily see, under the 3D microscope how Demodex looks like. The mites can live on all body parts wherever there are hair roots and sebaceous glands however, they are most prevalent in the facial area, especially the nose, forehead, chin, and cheeks. These areas have the most favorable living and breeding conditions and provide an optimum temperature for them to thrive.

It is commonly accepted that Demodex affects more the dogs and not humans, nut this seems to be wrong. Actual theory about acne says in more than 90% of cases the agent is considered to be Demodex mites. As you can see in the photo, it has 8 legs and the mouth of these mites is like a very sharp needle that can directly sting into the cells to absorb nutrition. They like a wet and warm environment and become the most active in the dark. There are five stages in the life cycle. After mating on the surface of the skin, they go back into it and lay eggs, taking bacteria with them and excreting wastes and secretions, laying eggs and dying within its layers. After death, their corpses become liquid and decompose inside the skin. Surely, there are some more agreeable creatures on Earth :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many things wrong with this. To start, there is only scientific proof in the literature that demodex are a cause for conditions like rosacea and there are a minority of papers that say that there is a correlation with acne. Several scientists have sampled people with acne and without and have found no difference in demodex levels between groups. Also, the part about demodex leaving follicles and then coming back in and excreating waste is a blatant lie because demodex don't even have an anus so they actually don't excrete any waste.

Anonymous said...

Im sorry, but mites are what I think causes my acne altogether. I do not have greasy skin, I better than 90% of america, I drink alot of hot herbal teas, I stay in shape, Make SURE my hair is clean,I dont wear make up and yet I have very very bad acne.

It first started when I slept over at my friends house. She had very dirty dogs, and I slept on the floor in the living room. After that my acne became very severe. It is also very unusual because my acne moves. What I mean is that the areas infected with scars seem to migrate in close proximity. I knew it was not regular acne when i saw no change in my acne after being on the pill for 2 months.

My regiment, which I devised, is made with the idea that it kills delicate living creatures. I wash my face with fine grain salt, mixed with peroxide toothpaste, a little acne wash, and lemon. I mix them together in varying amounts and make it into a consistant scrub. I wash with that 2 times a day. At night, I put on a thin layer of sulfur cream, found at walmart. In the morning I put on acne moisturizer.

It works very very well.

Anonymous said...

sorry, it should say I EAT better than 90% of America...not that it makes me less arrogant sounding

Anonymous said...

i had a bad case of this. i suffered for 5 yrs. i tried everything but nothing worked my skin kept getting worse and drier as the yrs passed i looked 10 yrs older. it seemed to get worse at night i could feel things crawling on my face and nobody believed me they thought it was my imagination, i would just dread the nightime. and one day i was reading about black walnut so i decided to break open a pill and rub it on my face and followed with cream. immediately i could feel squirming in my skin it was awful. it took a while but it did help. it's been about 1 1/2 yrs. and my skin is now better no more break outs that resembled cystic acne. through this i also changed my lifestyle, eating habits.

Anonymous said...

Please tell us, how can you feel microscopic sized organisms [mites] squirm?

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.